6.10.2011

Dinner For One...kill me

Ugh. Honestly, I don't cook as much as I used to because it's just not gratifying to cook for myself. I'm working on it, but it's a lot of work that I don't always appreciate.

I have started baking again, and that's been successful, I guess. I used to bake stuff for Daniel, but since that's obviously no longer happening, I have a new wife to send sweets with! (love you B!). Anyway, I say I guess because I feel that some of the recipes need improvement, but then again it's hard for me to gage the tastiness of something I don't like to begin with. For example, red velvet cake. I don't hate it, but I don't like. I just can't. blah. I made it anyway, and B said that it was a hit at work! Fan-freaking-tastic! I'm not even going to share the recipe because I feel that it could be improved...but here's a peek at it.


P.S. this cake was freaking heavy! It completely smashed the cream cheese icing between the two layers. I didn't think B was going to be able to handle it.

I also made some Butterscotch Chocolate Rice Krispy treats. They were good, but I'm going to switch up the recipe before I share it, so stay tuned!

This week I sent B to work with those delicious mini cherry cheese cakes that I previously posted about. Luckily they were also a hit! Not that I ever doubted it since it's a recipe from grandma.

Back to the title...

Tonight I cooked myself dinner. And it.was.awesome!


Fried Chicken
I didn't measure anything, I just 'eye-balled' it. good luck!
  • milk
  • flour seasoned with salt and pepper
  • chicken breast
  • veg oil
Heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Dip chicken in milk, flour, milk again, flour again, then carefully place in the hot oil. each side about 4 min? Honestly, I don't know. Just watch it until it browns.

Grilled Veggies
  • vegetables (I used zucchini, squash, and asparagus)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • olive oil
Just toss veggies, oil, and seasoning in a bowl, then lay out on the grill (or in my case the grill pan) about 4 min on each side.

I was also in the mood for fries (I prefer the sweet potato variety, but I was out).


Truffle Potato Wedges? Fries? Slices? Whatever.

  • Potato
  • Olive Oil
  • Pepper
  • Truffle Salt
Preheat oven to 450, cover baking sheet with foil, spray with Pam.
Slice and dice that potato, toss with olive oil, pepper, and truffle salt. Lay out on baking sheet. Cook for 20 min, turn, then 20 more min. Eat.


3 comments:

Brittany said...

hellooo... i love here! you can cook for me too... anytime :) hahaha

Anonymous said...

That dinner for one looked delicious-Papa would love it- I need to try truffle salt those potatoes looked soooo good. You make Grand ma so proud!

Anonymous said...

Are truffles mushrooms? And so- is truffle salt mushroom sweat? From my hubby Sam :)