5.14.2012

Oreo Crusted Mini Cherry Cheesecake

I'm not a big cheesecake fan. I usually will try a bite out of curiosity, but I'm rarely wanting to have another. This is even the case with my own cheesecakes. Trust that those are delicious, or so I'm told by people that like cheesecake. So me liking cheesecake is a personal problem and not one to be blamed on the cake itself.

UNTIL I made this. It's the simplest of simple twists on the mini cheese cakes that I usually make. Just swap out the vanilla wafer for an Oreo. bada-bing. bada-boom. A cheesecake that I actually wanted more than one bite of!



Oreo Crusted Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
2 eggs
3/4 c. Sugar
16 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla
16 vanilla wafer cookies
1 can pie filling (I used cherry)
1 bag Oreos (I used double stuffed)
cupcake liners

  1. Preheat oven to 375 and place liners in cupcake tin. Drop 1 Oreo into bottom of each.
  2. Beat eggs with sugar.
  3. Break cream cheese into pieces, add to eggs and sugar and beat until smooth (10 min) then mix in vanilla.
  4. Fill liners 3/4 full with cream cheese mixtures and bake 10-12 minutes.
  5. They will look pale and sink in the middle after cooking.
  6. Top with Tbsp of pie filling and refrigerate.
  7. EAT!

No comments: