2.27.2011

Quick and Easy Desserts

I don't know about you, but sometimes I don't have a lot of time and energy to put into making something. Other times? I am just lazy. When this happens I have two default desserts: Peanut Butter Blossoms and Mini Cheesecakes.

My mom would always make peanut butter blossoms around the holidays, but I think that this delicious goodness should be enjoyed year round! When running short on time use shortcuts such as pre-made cookie dough.


Peanut Butter Blossoms 
package of pre-made peanut butter cookie dough
bag of Hershey Kisses
sugar

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Divide cookie dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
  • Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes (can vary depending on your oven).
  • While cookies are baking, unwrap Hershey kisses.
  • As soon as cookies are removed from the oven, place kisses in the middle. (The heat from the cookie will melt them a bit. yum!)
  • Move cookies to cooling rack.
  • Enjoy!

This next desert comes from my grandma. They are a crowd pleaser and are super cute! 

Mini Cheesecakes
2 eggs
3/4 c. Sugar
16 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla
16 vanilla wafer cookies
1 can pie filling (I usually go with cherry)
Vanilla Wafers
cupcake liners

  • Preheat oven to 375 and place liners in cupcake tin. Drop 1 vanilla wafer into bottom of each.
  • Beat eggs with sugar.
  • Break cream cheese into pieces, add to eggs and sugar and beat until smooth (10 min) then mix in vanilla.
  • Fill liners 3/4 full with cream cheese mixtures and bake 10-12 minutes.
  • They will look pale and sink in the middle after cooking.
  • Top with Tbsp of pie filling and refrigerate.
  • Remove paper before serving.

 It took me about 1.5 hours to make both of these. 

Let me know what you top your cheesecake with!

No comments: