5.06.2012

Pancakes & Waffle Cakes

Honestly, I'm more of a waffle person. But last summer Jes made Pan-kits, and it got me back into pancakes...plus I don't have a waffle maker.

I had some time on my hands in between my morning run and late morning bodypump sesh and I was hungry! I was all out of Pan-kits, so I figured it was time to channel my inner wife skills and whip up some pancakes from scratch. And you know what? That shiz was super easy and the most delicious pancakes I have ever had!


Pancakes

  • 1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 1 1/4 c milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs butter (melted)
  • 2 tbs vanilla extract
  1. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients (you can sift it, but who has time for that?)
  2. Slowly mix in everything else.
  3. Heat skillet over medium. 
  4. drop 1/4 cup of pancake batter, flip once it gets really bubbly, cook a while longer. eat!
Easy as that!

BUT if you do prefer something more waffley...then just add an extra egg and BOOM. Waffle Cakes!


Ok, it looks the same, but this is totes a Waffle Cake.

No comments: