8.24.2011

Grandma's M&M cookies

My absolute fave cookie!

of all time.

end.of.story.

If you've been reading this (and I know you have), then it's obvious that my grandma is the best. She gets a shout out in almost every post! (Hey Grandma! I love you!).

She makes the best of everything, especially M&M cookies. I.die.

I don't know if this is a made up memory or not (does that ever happen to you?), but I have visions of eating these and they are only covered with red and green M&M's. I don't know for a fact that Grandma made these around Christmas when I was little, but eating them makes me think of Christmas and Grandma's house. The two best things in the world!

I love the taste of the M&M's after they've been baked. I love the sweet with a hint of salt. I love that these cookies are more on the firm side, but not because they are overdone. I love everything about them!

I emailed Grandma to get the recipe because I misplaced it when I last moved, and she added this little tidbit in the email:
"Hope these turn out good, but with you making them they will be extra good."

Isn't she the best? And yes, they were extra good.





M & M Cookies
1 cup shortening                   
1 cup brown sugar                 
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla  
2 eggs 

1 tsp. salt             
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 1/2 cups (3/4 pound) M&M's (Medium bag should do the trick)
                                         

  1. Blend shortening and sugars in a separate large bowl. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
  2. In a medium bowl sift flour, soda, and salt together, then slowly add the sugar mixture. Mix well.
  3. Stir in 1/2 cup M&M's.** 
  4. Drop from spoon (I prefer a cookie scoop) onto an ungreased cookie sheet and decorate top of cookies with remaining M&M's.
Bake 375 degree for 10-12 minutes.

**Or, if you are lazy like me, you can just mix in all of the M&M's.

Can't you almost taste the goodness?

2 comments:

Brittany said...

they are my fave too!!!

Anonymous said...

I Love You!!!