8.16.2011

Trophy Wife Cupcakes - So good that you'll propose to me after one bite!


Truth.

So why did I only share these with the ladies at Recipe Klub? That was poor planning on my part. Better luck next time!

Al finally got to host RKlub at her house and it happened to fall during Tech Mandy's bday! Naturally I took over volunteered to make her bday dessert. Mandy's requests were chocolate, coconut, creme cheese, or all three together. That's easy enough. I figured I'd just whip up a chocolate cake and add toasted coconut to the frosting. I considered creme cheese frosting, but I haven't made any before and didn't want to risk it on the girls.

So the hunt through my billions of bookmarked recipes began for the perfect chocolate cake! I came across the Trophy Wife recipe that Running Off the Reece's had posted a while back and knew it would be delicious. How could I possible resist a recipe by that name?

**side note. Check of Reece's website. She is super funny and I know I would make her my bff if only I met her in real life. Instead I just stalk her in blog life.

Unlike being a Trophy Wife, this recipe is really easy and quick to mix up!

Trophy Wife Cake (or in this case, cupcakes)
1 3/4 c milk
chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
small box of chocolate pudding
12 oz. of chocolate chips (typically one bag)
1 can Milk Chocolate icing
  1. Preheat Oven to 350.
  2. In a large bowl mix cake mix, milk, eggs, chocolate pudding mix, and chocolate chips.
  3. Pour into greased pan or cupcake pan with liners.
  4. Cook time based on what box mix says.

  5. Once it's cool remove from pan and stick in fridge.
  6. Ice it! I used caned milk chocolate icing.
Toasted Coconut
1 bag sweetened coconut flakes
  1. Heat non stick skillet over medium.
  2. Pour in coconut flakes (amount depends on how much you will use, I toasted 1/2 a bag)
  3. Occasionally stir the coconut so it can evenly brown.
  4. Remove from heat once it's fragrant and mostly toasted/light brown.
  5. Dip iced cupcakes into the coconut and lightly press down.
Ta-da! Easy peasy!

I also iced a few of the cupcakes with rainbow chip icing (one of my premade faves!). Delish!

I shared the extra with my coworkers so I could continue my campaign to support obesity one cupcake at a time.

No comments: